Alysu

Alysu

duminică, 20 noiembrie 2011

Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Most of you have the question: "What smartphone should I buy, what is better?". I don't have the answer at this question, but I can help you decide about one smartphone that everyone know it, and that's Samsung Galaxy S I9000.


I have the phone from February, this year, and I can say I am quite glad about it, even though I don't have wireless at home, I am using only the Internet from the phone.


The phone is really good for those who don't want really stupid phones, or too intelligent ones, and even some friends of you is telling "This smartphone is really hard to work with!" isn't that really hard. If you know how to put your fingers and move some slides or widgets, then, it's quite easy. If you don't like big phones, then you must stop here, and don't read more, because this phone is quite big (as you can see down below), and you have to be careful with it, not to scratch it, or other important things.

What do I like about this phone:

1. Has a big memory : 8/16GB internal storage, microSD slot >> you can do whatever you want with the free memory.
2. The display is awesome: when you are outside, the screen is like you are inside, with great colors, and this is what I love about this phone, I don't have to hide the phone to see who is calling, or what text message I received, or what time it is.
3. The camera: taking pictures is great, but recording videos, is awesome. The HD qualitty is more than great, and you can watch the videos again and again, loving the quality.
4. Applications: there are so many things that you can install on this "little guy". Sport, fun, love, intelligent apps, you can find everything you want, only with Android Market, and with a Samsung app.
5. Music: listening to music is a pleasure. The headphones are great, they are so well-made for listening to music, that you will love it right away.
6. The phone "desktop": yep yep, I say that way, because it's just my pc desktop and I can customize the phone "desktop" with so many things that I like or that I work more with them. I have 7 slides (more if you install different themes) to fill them up with widgets or apps. Not to mention, that the menu I can customize as well >> move them as I want, and I have 4 slides here.
7. The font: there is a font installed on this phone, that is my favourite from all. It's cute, and easy to read, and I luv it.



All good features: 

  • Quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G support
  • 7.2 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA support
  • 4" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) resolution
  • Android OS v2.1 with TouchWiz 3.0 UI customization
  • 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird CPU; 512 MB of RAM
  • 5 MP autofocus camera with face, smile and blink detection
  • 720p HD video recording at 30fps
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g and n support
  • GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
  • 8/16GB internal storage, microSD slot
  • Accelerometer and proximity sensor
  • Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
  • microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
  • FM radio with RDS
  • 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery
  • Great audio quality
  • Slim waistline at only 9.9mm thickness
  • Document editor
  • File manager comes preinstalled
  • Secondary video-call camera
  • Swype predictive text input
  • Excellent choice of preinstalled applications
  • Full Flash support for the web browser (after 2.2 update) 


Some things I don't like:


1. The battery: this is the biggest thing that I hate. The battery won't let me use the phone more than two days if I will use twitter or facebook, or me2day, or on one word: network. I hate that. But if I don't use these things, my phone will resist even a week. Not to mention, listening to music, doing pictures or recording videous, can also bring your phone battery in a critical state as well... >.>"
2. The wallpapers: this is a thing that I hate so much, that one day I wanted to sell my phone. I wanted to put pictures that I love as wallpapers, but they look so ugly, because they didn't have the right size to look good. So, I have to use the right size wallpapers from my phone to look good, but now I had installed some themes, and I am used with it. For the moment.
3. The pictures quality: yeah, this isn't the worst one, but still, I don't like the fact that sometimes the pictures are so messy and that the camera doesn't have flash, like the Samsung Galaxy S II has.
4. Blocking: another thing, is that sometimes the phone blocks, or it doesn't work as usual, so I have to remove the battery or to shut it down, and open it again, and then works great. But I don't remember to remove the battery even for once, so I think only the shut down....


(I don't remember any of them right now, but I will update if I remember)




Main disadvantages

  • No flash for the camera
  • No dedicated camera key
  • The all-plastic body is a real fingerprint magnet
  • Feeble loudspeaker 
 And, I think I should end my review: so, this phone is great, but if you want a long battery phone, then don't buy a smartphone, buy a normal phone, but if you still want it, then I think this is good for you.


Some images:


  And here is a video, but you can search for more on youtube, or google. ^^


Okay, this is a better introduction in the Galaxy world, so enjoy the features.


So, hope this helped you a little before buying it, and see ya next time.

4 comentarii:

  1. i've only heard good things about samsung galaxy and how pro it is compared to iphone. samsung is my favorite cellphone anyway. thanks for the review :D

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. I have a lame Vodafone Smart, but it works pretty well. Doesn't have a lot of features, but I like it. The battery last 2 days, just like yours, but it doesn't block.
    I like the Samsung brand, but I really think LG is kinda better :3
    Good luck with your phone ;3

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. actually the picture quality is great, especially in natural light!
    proof: http://cryptowang.blogspot.com/2011/09/wednesday-in-bucharest.html & http://cryptowang.blogspot.com/2011/09/last-december-in-bucharest.html :)

    and yeah...it lags a lot when using apps that require a bigger memory... >.<

    and my battery lasts only one day (if not used almost at all) and a few hours when i use it intensely

    btw, i have it since last year's september, it's already 1 year old mine...

    comparing it with the iphone 4...it's a lot easier to use!

    samsung galaxy s (maybe sII now) is the best phone for it's price!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. blocking issue is the most common for cellphones like these. even iphone 4 has it. my classmate who has one didn't know how to make it restart so he can solve the blocking problem, but fortunately another classmate saved him by searching on forums xD

    i think touchscreen phones are cool, but i'm afraid to buy one because they are very sensitive :P

    RăspundețiȘtergere